NEWS
Friday, Oct 13 07:46pm
AUTHOR: Simon Chapman

King replaces Lawson in CareVets Toyota 86 Scholarship car

2016–'17 Hi-Q Componenents New Zealand Formula First champion Bramwell King is a late confirmation for the second CareVets Scholarship car, which will run in the forthcoming Toyota 86 Championship.


King announced he had the drive today on social media and velocitynews.co.nz can confirm the deal to run the whole season has been concluded after original scholarship winner Liam Lawson was unable to secure the required sponsorship.


Roughly 25 per cent sponsorship funding was required, but the other 75 per cent of the season cost is funded by the CareVets Scholarship programme.


The team is the category leader providing high level mechanical, set up and driver support and secured both the overall and rookie titles last season for Ryan Yardley and Jack Milligan last season.


Jack Milligan – rookie trophy winner and Toyota 86 Racing Series star performer at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 – remains with the CareVets team for a second season, stepping into the lead drivers’ role to hunt down a second overall series won for the team.


Toyota category manager Geoff Short was sad to lose Lawson from the series but also delighted to have a driver of King's calibre confirmed.

 

"It's desperately unfortunate for Liam, for sure, but we are delighted to have Bramwell on board for the whole season," he said.

 

"He's a late addition but he's got bags of talent and we are sure will slot straight into the seat and impress."

 

King's first drive in the Toyota 86 Championship gets underway at the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship round at Pukekohe Park on November 3-5.

LATEST NEWS