Will Davison has topped today’s pre-season test at Tailem Bend.
Andre Heimgartner was pipped of top-spot in his first outing in a Ford Mustang, a mere one-tenth the final margin.
Here is what went down this afternoon:
• DJR Team Penske continued to fly below the radar. Well into the afternoon and McLaughlin was 24th fastest and last on the timesheets, while Coulthard is 19th.
• The Red Bull Holden Team put together more than 100 laps for the #97, while Whincup has logged 80 as well.
• Davison finally breaks SVG’s hold at the top of the timesheets with a time of a 1:47.7437s.
• Will Brown, Garth Tander and Tony D’Alberto were a handful of many co-drivers to gain some valuable seat time.
• Percat’s up-and-down day suffers another blimp when he loses the rear end at Turn 14 and spins onto the grass an hour from the finish.
• A bizarre dust storm briefly hinders the day’s running, but the sun would quickly re-emerge.
• McLaughlin finally showed a hint of his true pace with less than 30 minutes on the clock, jumping to eighth, 0.6790s off of Davison’s lap time.
• Lee Holdsworth runs wide at turn 14 but rejoins safely and without any need of recovery.
• Davison then ends the day fastest from Heimgartner in the Kelly Racing Mustang. It’s then De Pasquale and SVG, who was fastest for a long stretch.