• Latest
  • Trending

Bentley cuts IGTC involvement

June 6, 2020

Payne leads Kiwi charge in Ipswich Supercars practice

August 21, 2026

Stokes and Hawkeswood take NZRC title fight to Hawke’s Bay

August 21, 2026

Ryan Wood named as New Zealand’s first-ever GAZOO Racing Brand Guardian

August 21, 2026
2026 betr Darwin Triple Crown, Event 06 of the Repco Supercars Championship, Hidden Valley, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. 19 Jun, 2026.

Bewley looking to continue strong form in Porsche racing at Queensland Raceway this weekend

August 21, 2026

Motorsport Diary: Kiwis racing overseas this weekend

August 21, 2026

NZ great believes Thunder Ridge could bring motorsport crowds back to Bay

August 20, 2026

Rodin tests and new class structure headline 2027 NZ Formula Ford Category

August 20, 2026
BUDAPEST, HUNGARY - JULY 26: Isack Hadjar of France and Oracle Red Bull Racing and Liam Lawson of New Zealand and Visa Cash App Racing Bulls talk on the drivers parade prior to the F1 Grand Prix of Hungary at Hungaroring on July 26, 2026 in Budapest, Hungary. (Photo by Sam Bloxham/LAT Images) // Getty Images / Red Bull Content Pool // SI202607260192 // Usage for editorial use only //

Lawson handed surprise Red Bull return at Zandvoort

August 19, 2026

Hawke’s Bay’s Harding excited for home rally

August 19, 2026

Castrol Toyota Formula Regional Oceania Gen2 racer revealed

August 19, 2026

Culver back at The Bend for the penultimate round of the Australian AU4 Championship

August 19, 2026
Saturday, August 22, 2026
VelocityNews
Be the first to know and subscribe for real-time updates on Kiwi drivers, events and much more!
Subscribe to New Alerts
  • International
    • Formula 1
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • Formula E
    • Esports
    • Super GT
    • Super Formula
    • TCR
    • WEC
    • GT
    • Porsche Carrera Cup
    • BTCC
    • DTM
    • IMSA
    • IndyCar
    • Road to Indy
    • NASCAR
    • WRC
    • MotoGP
    • Motorcycle Racing
    • Historic Racing
  • New Zealand
    • Toyota Formula Regional
    • Toyota GR86 Championship
    • Rally
    • Speedway
    • Drifting
    • Formula Ford
    • Formula First
    • TCR NZ
    • TransTasman V8 Series
    • V8 Utes
    • GT New Zealand Championship
    • GTRNZ
    • Central Muscle Cars
    • Pirelli Porsche
    • Mazda Racing Series
    • NZ Endurance Championship
    • NIERDC
    • SIERDC
    • Pro8 South Island Series
    • SsangYong Utes
    • Kartsport
    • NZ Historic Racing
    • NZ General
  • Australia
    • Supercars
    • Super2
    • Australian V8 Touring Car Series
    • Porsche Carrera Cup Australia
    • Porsche Sprint Challenge
    • S5000
    • Australian GT
    • TCR AU
  • Features
    • Features
    • Opinion
    • Profile
    • Race Cars
  • Circuit News
  • Velocity TV
  • Performance Cars
  • Jobs
    • Jobs
    • Post a Job
    • Job Dashboard
No Result
View All Result
VelocityNews
No Result
View All Result

Bentley cuts IGTC involvement

by Zane Shackleton
June 6, 2020
in GT, International, News
0

Bentley has pulled the plug on its 2020 factory Intercontinental GT Challenge M-Sport race programme with immediate effect.

The decision comes following M-Sport’s victory in the season-opening Bathurst 12 Hour earlier in the year – the first at the hallowed venue for the British marque.

Speaking with Autosport, motorsport director for Bentley, Paul Williams, says several factors culminated in the decision to axe the two-car IGTC outfit.

“The fact is that the factory programme is not the biggest priority for us.

“When you have to make a choice, it is an easy choice — the priority is our customers.

However, Williams did allude to Bentley’s commitment to a future factory programme and emphasised the outfit’s decision covers the 2020 season only.

“I still have the desire and the intent to carry on with a factory programme in the future, although we will be more and more focussed on customer racing rather than works racing,” he said.

“I think it is important to keep a pinnacle there and it is important for our customers to have a technical partner in M-Sport who goes racing as well.

“But we don’t have the final decision on what form that will take.”

The next round of the IGTC is scheduled to take place at Indianapolis in October.

Bentley’s withdrawal leaves eight manufacturers in SRO’s global endurance series.

The factory Bentley team had previously axed its GT World Challenge Europe programme following a significant scaling back of its operations.

Images: Bentley Motorsport

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2022 VelocityNews - Independent New Zealand and International Motorsport news.

No Result
View All Result
  • International
    • Formula 1
    • Formula 2
    • Formula 3
    • Formula E
    • Esports
    • Super GT
    • Super Formula
    • TCR
    • WEC
    • GT
    • Porsche Carrera Cup
    • BTCC
    • DTM
    • IMSA
    • IndyCar
    • Road to Indy
    • NASCAR
    • WRC
    • MotoGP
    • Motorcycle Racing
    • Historic Racing
  • New Zealand
    • Toyota Formula Regional
    • Toyota GR86 Championship
    • Rally
    • Speedway
    • Drifting
    • Formula Ford
    • Formula First
    • TCR NZ
    • TransTasman V8 Series
    • V8 Utes
    • GT New Zealand Championship
    • GTRNZ
    • Central Muscle Cars
    • Pirelli Porsche
    • Mazda Racing Series
    • NZ Endurance Championship
    • NIERDC
    • SIERDC
    • Pro8 South Island Series
    • SsangYong Utes
    • Kartsport
    • NZ Historic Racing
    • NZ General
  • Australia
    • Supercars
    • Super2
    • Australian V8 Touring Car Series
    • Porsche Carrera Cup Australia
    • Porsche Sprint Challenge
    • S5000
    • Australian GT
    • TCR AU
  • Features
    • Features
    • Opinion
    • Profile
    • Race Cars
  • Circuit News
  • Velocity TV
  • Performance Cars
  • Jobs
    • Jobs
    • Post a Job
    • Job Dashboard

© 2022 VelocityNews - Independent New Zealand and International Motorsport news.